Saturday, February 27, 2010

2010: a tappering year!

Welcome back, after a long silence due to a dramatic lack of time. This is a bite late for wishing a merry xmas and a happy new year, but I would like to thank my team (Philippe & Isabelle), Cap Running Aventure at Versailles (France) which provided my Asics equipments. Asics is making good shoes, I ran with Cumulus 11 & Trabucco all over the past year and my training was fine. I do not know if I improved my performances as 2k9 was a year of discovery (to explore new places where no man has boldly goes before :) but I did not get hurt. I used to twist my ankles often in the past, now everything seems to be fixed and the shoes did their job.

Cap Running Aventure web site:
http://www.runningaventure.com/
Cap Running Aventure on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000780886101
Cap Running Aventure on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/runningaventure

I started the training in the rude way on January the 1st. A first run in the cold and the snow. We had a lot of snow showers and running in the white virgin snow was delightful. My coach wrote a plan to train for a 100km. But this plan was definitly too long: 23 weeks. As I planed to run the 100km of Perigord Noir (Belvès/France) at the end of April, I started the training at the very first week of December. Which was not possible for me, I was tired and my body needed urgently a big break. So I did just a few scattered trainings in December.

The beginning of January was also the opportunity to focus on my races calendar. What should I pick up to prepare the Spartathlon? Here is my short list:

And then, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment